The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Camp Chef Italian Artisan Pizza Oven Review
Camp Chef Italian Artisan Pizza Oven
The Italian Artisan is a portable pizza oven that replicates the performance of a wood-fired brick oven, from its double-walled construction and specially designed burners to its ventilation and cordierite ceramic pizza stone. It is easy to clean, and you can fit 12’’ pizzas in it without a problem.
On the downside, the regulator has had some negative feedback, and some users have stated that the stone is too thin; therefore, when you wait for the top of the pizza to be well cooked, the bottom may end up overcooked.
Nevertheless, this product is less expensive than most pizza ovens out there; so, if you are looking for a budget-friendly option to bake good pizzas in your backyard, we recommend the Camp Chef Italian Artisan Oven. Sure, there are commercial units that cook faster and work better; but for the price, this is an exceptional value, and your pizzas will be delicious.
For years, campers have turned to Camp Chef cooking systems for reliable performance. For three decades, Camp Chef has been offering a better outdoor pizza oven.
- Bakes like a brick oven – It has a double-layered ceiling that enhances heating dynamics.
- Easy to clean – Buyers have indicated that the stainless steel construction makes it easy to clean.
- Portability – The oven dimensions are 22.25’’ x 4.25’’, and it weighs 47lb (21,3kgs), so you can move it to your backyard with little effort; for longer distances, some users have found it difficult to carry it, and recommend transporting it by car.
- Pizza and more – The stone dimensions are 13.25’’ x 20’’, so it is perfect for baking 12’’ pizzas and bread. Users have also roasted meat and chicken in it, and fit a 10’’ skillet to cook other foods; although, the handle will extend out of the oven.
- Preheat in 15 minutes – It reaches 750-800°F in 15 minutes; afterward, you can bake Neapolitan pizza in less than 2 minutes and New York-style pizza in 3-4 minutes.
- Gas hose included – The oven runs on a 1lb disposable propane bottle regulator, and it comes with a 5ft. adapter hose included that easily connects to a standard-sized propane tank.
You Should Also Know
- The stone is too thin – Many users have remarked that the pizza stone is very fragile and susceptible to cracking from changing temperatures so fast, and they recommend reading the startup instructions carefully.
- Keep the door closed while cooking – Buyers recommend doing this to avoid the bottom from cooking faster than the edge of the crust at the top and achieving an even cooking. One of the users also recommended buying a second stone to put on top, to solve this issue. Another reason why you should keep the door closed while cooking is to avoid letting the heat out and this way, reducing the cooking time of the next pie.
- The regulator needs some adjusting – There has been negative feedback about the propane regulator; some users have indicated that after little use, the flames are the same whether you have it high or low. If adjusting the regulator does not work, you may need to replace it.
- You need to wait a little in between pizzas – The more often you open the door, the more heat comes out, and the longer the next pie will take to bake.
Our Score: 4.4 out of 5